The school management team at the School of Communication and Culture has decided that the funding of thesis seminars should be the responsibility of the school with the following guidelines:
- The school will contribute a maximum of DKK 5,000 to each thesis seminar.
- The school may contribute up to DKK 2,000 to cover travelling and accommodation expenses for an external opponent.
- Any external opponent involved can be paid for 10 hours of work (the rate for part-time lecturers), corresponding to DKK 3,066.
- Any internal opponent involved is also entitled to 10 hours of credit in the Vipomatic system. This rate is the same as for external opponents.
- The school’s contribution may be used to purchase food/refreshments for the opponent.
- The school will not cover expenses incurred in connection with social events relating to thesis seminars.
Read more in the following memo:
Memo regarding the financing of thesis seminars at the School of Communication and Culture